- This calendar has no events scheduled at this time.
- Immersed in Literacy April 30, 2020I’ve spent the past week immersed in the study of critical race theory and Shakespeare. After reading Ibram Kendi’s How To Be an Antiracistfor the Equity and Social Justice Committee and the Cultivating Culturally Relevant Pedagogy group, I learned that Jason Reynolds had adapted Kendi’s first book, Stamped From the Beginning, which won the National […]
- The Pandemic of Inequity April 22, 2020About a month into Shelter in Place and I have walked the dog so frequently he’s developed a limp.We have also taken the kids on a lot of walks. Today being Earth Day, we selected a little triangle of Joshua’s Trust near our house and cleaned it of beer bottles, nips, and Dunkin Donuts cups. […]
CWP News and Updates
- Writing with Youth: Inside and Outside of the ClassroomRegional conference by the Consortium of Northeast National Writing Project Sites (Click to enlarge)Posted on January 27, 2020
- National Writing Project Northeast Regional Sites ConferenceThe Consortium of Northeast National Writing Projects is accepting proposals for their first regional conference: Writing with Youth Inside and Outside of the Classroom. The conference is on May 1st and 2nd, 2020 and proposals are due on December 1, 2019. Visit the New York City Writing Project website for details.Posted on September 3, 2019
Results of the 2019 CT Student Writers Contest!
This year, the Connecticut Writing Project received over 1,800 submissions of poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and art from student writers from all over CT for the Connecticut Student Writers Contest. These submissions were reviewed by volunteer teachers from across the state and the results are in!