The New England Writing Projects (NEWP) Regional Network is a collaboration of the ten National Writing Project (NWP) sites in New England. The primary goals of Regional Networks are to support local writing project sites from across a region as they collaborate to bring the NWP model of professional development to their schools and to strengthen the capacities of sites participating in these networks to address common regional issues and priorities.
In 2009, the Connecticut Writing Project-Storrs received a $5000 grant from the National Writing Project to host the 2010 New England Writing Projects Annual Meeting. The event was held April 9-10, 2010 at the Nathan Hale Inn and Conference Center on the Storrs campus. Approximately 50 teachers and professors from all ten New England Writing Project sites attended the event, which featured Paul Oh of the National Writing Project as the keynote speaker.
New England Writing Project sites are hosted at UConn-Storrs, Fairfield University, Central Connecticut State University, the University of Maine, the University of Vermont, Plymouth State University in New Hampshire, Rhode Island College, UMass-Boston, UMass-Dartmouth, and UMass-Amherst. The New England Regional Network has been holding an annual meeting since 1999.
Click on the link below for the flier for this event:
NEWP Annual Meeting 2010: Building Capacity Using Technology for Recruiting, Continuity, and Leadership
If You Build It They Will Come: Building a Web Presence
Below are links from the presentation by Jason Courtmanche, Director of the CWP, and Jane Cook, Technology Program Leader, at UConn-Storrs:
- Click on this link for the agenda for Jason Courtmanche and Jane Cook's presentation on 4/9/10: If You Build It They Will Come Agenda,
- Click on this link to go to the CWP Web page with links from the presentation: If You Build It They Will Come
- Perticipant Release Form: Click on this link for a sample of the form that CWP uses to get permission to use audio and video of our participants: CWP Consent Form.
Pedagogy of the Social Networked: Where Are They? What are They Doing There? What is the There There?
Below are links from the presentation by Paul Oh, NWP, California, and Andrea Zellner, Red Cedar Writing Project, Michigan, on 4/10/10:
- Diigo Group on Web Presence: http://groups.diigo.com/group/web-presence
- National Writing Project: http://www.nwp.org
- The State of the Internet video on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/9641036
- Paul and Andrea's Diigo Link to Social Network Resources:http://groups.diigo.com/group/social-network-resources
- Red Cedar Writing Project, Michigan, Web site: http://rcwp.msu.edu
New England Writing Project Web Sites
Below are links to the Web sites for the New England Writing Projects: